MEET THE OWNER
Professional Background of Wendy B. Goodwin
In 1986 my career in Property Management began in a position as a part-time Activities Director for an elderly, handicap, disabled & family, section 8 apartment community made up of 163 high-rise and townhouse units. This was a temporary position, which resulted in me leaving the Company for a few months to be called back full-time as an Activities Director/Bookkeeper. The bookkeeper position became full-time at multiple sites throughout central and eastern Massachusetts.
A new opportunity arose, Administrative Assistant for a 378 unit Condominium Community. Within three months I was promoted to Property Manager under the direction of the Board of Trustees. For four years we worked hard to improve the marketability to hopeful owner occupants. 90% investor owned to 60% owner occupied was accomplished in 3 years by offering Owners the opportunity to renovate their units by using their own staff at a much lower rate than contractors and applying the profits right back into their community.
For a year or so I worked with a Property Owner as a Business Manager, then a Condominium Community Management Co…..as Property Manager for eleven sites, residential and commercial, then on to the Berkshires…………….
Two apartment Communities totaling 161 units involved Market, Section 13A & 236 (moderate income) and Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program (LIHTC). A wide array of programs and residents alike paved the way for a very interesting four years. This position provided a wealth of knowledge and opportunity to work within and outside the communities. Extensive preventative maintenance programs were implemented, bad debts collected as well as current resident payment plans to bring rents current. A million dollar rehab was organized and supervised by myself and the Maintenance Director..
The year 2000 began my very rewarding journey in the realm of Small Business……
Education & Training
I have a degree in Recreation with a passion for working with people. I have attended numerous seminars and educational forums/classes:
- The Governing of Rules and Regulations
- Residential & Commercial Evictions—the National Business Institute
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit—all courses—Elizabeth Moreland Consultants – updated training 2008
- T.A.P. Seminars—Substance Abuse & the Work Place, Tenant Integrity Program
- Condos – pet rules service & emotional
- Berkshire Enterprises—Entrepreneurial Training—2000 Graduate
- Real Estate Salesperson License in MA
- Rental Housing Assoc. of Berkshire County since 2001 – President since 2010 to Treasurer in 2019
- Member Berkshire Chamber of Commerce